Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Returning

I came back.

My favourite 'come back' scene is in Star Wars.  Episode 4, Luke is in the trenches of the Death Star and his own dad is about to blow him up with lasers.  At the last moment Han Solo flies in without anyone seeing him on radar, screams like a cowboy and misses Darth Vader.  That's a lot like coming back to Korea.

My favourite 'come back' scene is in Lord of the Rings.  Aragorn remembers that Gandalf is coming so he decides to manipulate a king to ride out of his castle so he can see him as soon as he shows up like a kid who begs to make a snowman in the front yard so he can see his dad as soon as he gets into the driveway for the shared custody weekend.  Gandalf shows up and Aragorn looks at him through the lense flare and is like "yeah?" and Gandalf is like "yeah." And Aragorn is like "really? A puppie?"  and Gandalf is like "yeah."

That's a lot like coming back to Korea.

My favourite 'come back' scene is from Dumb and Dumber because Harry loves Lloyd so much.  Those guys are so supportive of each other.  Later one even pees on the other guys back, which is a lot like coming back to Korea.

I'm back, and I'm screaming and I'm expectant and I'm disgusting.  And I am in the nick of time, at least according to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment